Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Quilt!!

For the record, I am NOT a quilter. It is hard and my single attempt in the past was a disaster...it ended up in the garbage (along with all the tools necessary to try again). So, this quilt happend by accident.

I have a hard time finding home accessories in the colors I like (yellow and purple), so I decided to make some pillows to go with my couches a couple months ago. I just guessed on how much fabric I would need and I estimated super high and had TONS of fabric left over. So, after the pillows were done I thought it would be fun to make a quilt to match...maybe not fun...but I thought if I could actually do it then it would be nice to have.

It took me several months to have the time and desire to do it, but the time came it took a few days, but it's done! If you're a quilter...don't look too close, there are some major problems...but considering my past I am stoked with the finished product! My kids love it too because I got a super soft fabric for the back! Anyways, ta-da!

3 comments:

Suzanne said...

Those major problems are just happy little accidents that add character. Good job!!!

Shanna Nemrow said...

Go Ash!!! Great job!

Your comment about bringing your horse and post its shooting seriously made me laugh out loud for like a minute straight! Much appreciated after a rough day!!! :)

Christy said...

Wow...it is so pretty...the colors all work so well together. Making Quilts can be a long and frustrating process, congrats on finishing it...and like the quilt lady who taught me how to quilt said, if you don't notice the mistakes from 20 feet away while your walking across the room no one else will notice. Good job Ash!