Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Audree's First Day of Kindergarten!!


Wow! 3 kids in school...I always knew it was supposed to happen, but I am not sure I believed it ever would. Spencer was sad that she was leaving, but he took a nap that lasted almost the whole time she was gone (just as I had planned, perfection!). Audree rode the bus with 7 girls on our block and there were 5 other girls her age getting on at 2 other stops...there are a LOT of little friends around here for her! Aren't they adorable? Anyways, she came home on the bus with Karlee and Rylee (who took very good care of their little sister...picking her up from her class and holding her hand the whole time) and Audree loved every minute. She has been telling us all about the games, rules and school tour ever since she got home! I love this kid and I think she's going to make a great Kindergartner!

We made this backpack for Audree to take to school...when I was painting her name on it, I had it looking great and then as I was finishing up...I totally stuck my hand in it and smeared it. It was a great opportunity to teach Audree about "happy mistakes"...we just smeared the silver name all over to make sparkles and re-did the name in purple over it. She is such a perfectionist, but she was very excited to learn that you could have "happy mistakes"...I think it turned out alright in the end!

1 comment:

Shanna Nemrow said...

Good Job Audree!!! You look so big and so ready for Kindergarten!!! Mackenzie is loving it too :)

And great job on the backpack Ash!!!