Wednesday, October 27, 2010

What is Bubba up to??

Spencer is my favorite age right now...3 years old! I think they are SO funny and sweet at this age! This morning he ran into our bedroom excitedly yelling, "It's my birthday!"...here's the story. A few months ago he asked when his birthday was and I told him it would be when there was snow. Last night we got our first dusting of snow and this morning the lawn was covered. He woke up, saw snow outside, and figured out it was his birthday. He was pretty bummed when we told him it wasn't his birthday...although, we're thinking maybe we should just celebrate his birthday at the first snowfall every year since his Dec. 18th birthday is such a bummer. Hmmm..I'll have to let you know about that!


Yesterday Spencer drew his first self-portrait. He was very proud of himself! He came in to show it to me and with tons of enthusiasm explained,"Here is my eyes, this is my bellybutton, and these are some rocks!" pointing to the circles within the circle. I couldn't help but be very excited for him and give him a huge hug! I simply love this guy!


OH, Rylee actually did this self-portrait first (the one that inspired Spencer's). She is so funny too...my favorite thing she said this week was..."Hey Mom, the mountains look like a pile of muddy buddies". Muddy Buddies are those chex cereal treats you make with chocolate and peanut butter and then coat with powdered sugar...the mountains were dusted with snow that day. Only my Rylee would make that observation...food is such an important part of her life...especially food covered in powdered sugar!

No comments: