Monday, August 1, 2011

Lake Powell- woo hoo!

We were all so excited to go to Lake Powell this year...the kids were counting down the days for several weeks. I was actually a bit anxious about it because I have heard of WAY too many drownings this summer (including a close friend of mine's child)...but I decided we can't live in fear, packed up the best life-jackets I could find and we headed out! I am happy to report that it was a great trip and we all had a blast! Karlee and Rylee got up on the knee-board and waterskis without any trouble (I even got up on the kneeboard and skis...for the first time in 11 years...I was stoked!). Spencer tried out the tube with Quincy and they loved it! We all just enjoyed relaxing, swimming, a bit of cliff-jumping (well, me, Jess and Megan had to practically get shoved...but we jumped off too!). The water was perfect, the weather was fantastic and the boats worked a fairly high percentage of the time. Glad we went, can't wait to go back next year!













No comments: