Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Grandma Nemrow's Funeral

My Grandma Nemrow passed away on February 10th. Just a year after her husband. I loved my Grandma. She would make me cinnamon toast (under the broiler in the oven) and it was my favorite! She always played "Memory" and puzzles with me. She would read me books (like "The Little Engine That Could") and watch Blair and I do crazy dives off of the diving board for hours! She came to all of my piano and dance recitals and was there for all of my graduation ceremonies. She was just generally interested in me and what I was doing. I felt important to her. She had the softest hands and always wore bright pink lipstick. She was a great example to me of being righteous and having your priorities in order. She never drove a fancy car, she didn't wear the greatest fashions, she didn't graduate from college. She was a mom and a wife and made fancy green jello and I loved her and will miss her.

I am grateful that I had the opportunity to fly out to California to be with my family for the funeral. It was a beautiful service and it was nice to go back out to the cemetery to see my Grandpa's headstone and to return to the same spot for Grandma. It was great to see so many cousins and aunts and uncles too. I am blessed to have a husband who helps me so that I can be a part of these family occasions...I only wish he could have been there with me.




After the funeral we had a big family dinner at a nice restaurant...as you can see, me and my siblings made sure to act appropriately!

No comments: