Monday, March 26, 2012

Girls Night Out!

Well, Karlee has been reading the "Anne of Green Gables" books this year and after she read the books, she watched the movie (an old VHS that I have!!) and loved them both. So, when I saw that a production of "Anne of Green Gables" was coming to Provo I knew I had to take her...and then I thought it would be fun if I just took all the girls and made it a Girls Night Out...so we did!

We got all dressed up (and talked about how being dressed up shows respect to the people in the production)...of course, we were pretty much the only people dressed up there...oh well! We went out to dinner at Wingers and then headed to the Covey Center for the production.


*I am wearing glasses because I am getting LASIK surgery next week and you can't wear your contacts for 2 weeks before the surgery!

I didn't realize how small this show would be...literally the room the performance was in was the size of my family room!! There were 7 people in the production (several of them playing more than one role) and the stage was pretty much the only prop they used. But somehow it was just fantastic (I found myself teary-eyed and laughing through the whole thing) and my girls kept leaning over and saying "This is the BEST movie EVER!"...which I found funny since it wasn't a movie! It was also a pretty short production (about an hour and a half)which worked out great for us. The girls loved meeting "Anne" and "Diana" after the show ended and simply raved about the whole thing for the next 2 days!


*This is the girls sitting on the stage during intermission...just being silly girls!

It was such a fun night and I LOVED hanging out with my girls...they are the best! By the way...the boys had a fun night too! Dinner at McDonald's and then they headed over to Jake's soccer game...Spencer loved watching daddy and got to run around on the field during half time!

No comments: