Monday, April 2, 2012

What a week!!


Jake has been telling me for years that I need to have LASIK surgery to correct my vision...I always thought that it cost too much and after 20 years of wearing glasses and contacts it wasn't a big deal! But after hearing about so many people who loved the results and after the prices became more reasonable...I gave in. So, this past week I had it done! This ever-so-flattering photo of me sleeping in Rylee's bed (it's dark in there...much nicer for my newly traumatized eyes!) is right after the surgery. The day I had it done was rough...wow...nobody really tells you about that part! It's been 5 days now and I am feeling TONS better and enjoying the results...20/15 vision in both eyes! The stars have never looked so clear! Anyways, to ensure that you don't rub your eyes in your sleep you have to wear these glorious clear covers over your eyes...I know you're jealous...3 more nights sleeping in those and them I'm done with that part! OH, and 2 weeks without make-up...that might be the hardest part of all!


The day after the surgery was the elementary school talent show. This year all 3 of my girls participated! Audree played "It's a Small World" on the piano...I was SO impressed (nothing terrifys me like playing the piano in front of people!)...she did fantastic! Then Karlee and Rylee performed a dance/gymnastics routine (which I helped choreograph with them!)...they did wonderful too! I was struggling to see and my eyes still hurt that day, so I just took this picture at home later that day of all of them in their "performance"outifts. Great job kiddos!


Later that day Rylee played in her new spring soccer league game! She has been BEGGING to play soccer, so when I heard there was a spring league...I signed her right up. She is LOVING it and is so aggressive...I love to watch her play! Even though this is her first time playing soccer...you would never know it, she just goes into attack/strategize mode!! You go girl!


These are my boys...Spencer saw these shorts at the store and HAD to have them because they look like Daddy's! He absolutely idolizes his Daddy...alright, the feeling is mutual! Anyways, these guys are 2 peas in a pod!

No comments: