Sunday, April 14, 2013

Spencer's a genius!


Spencer learned all about kites in kindergarten recently and has been fascinated. I got him a SpongeBob kite and he has been trying desperately to fly it daily. Some days it works, because there is actually wind and other days he is disappointed as her runs as fast as he can trying to keep it in the air. Then yesterday morning, he was sitting around wanting to fly the kite and I told him there just wasn't any wind and it wouldn't work...a light-bulb went off in his head. He said, "Hey Mom, I know what will work! I can put the kite on my bike and then I can ride it and I won't get tired like when I try to run with it!"...I sat there stunned momentarily by his brilliance and then agreed...what a great idea! It was morning and we convinced Daddy to get out of bed (no easy task) and he came out and helped us to accomplish our attempt...it was good he was there, especially when SpongeBob ended up in a tree at one point. Anyways, it totally worked and it was a fun way to spend the morning. This boy is so awesome and I just love him SO much!

No comments: