Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Flat Karlee

Karlee's 2nd grade class read the book, "Flat Stanley", about a child who is smashed flat and sends himself on a vacation in an envelope. They brought home a person made of paper to decorate and then had to send them off to some far away place for an adventure. When the "Flat" people came back to school they had lots of stories to tell. Karlee was really excited to send her "Flat Karlee" to Hawaii where my cousins, Joe and Paige Nemrow, live with their family. "Flat Karlee" was returned today and after seeing the pictures, I have to admit...I am contemplating flatening myself and sending myself on a little trip!
"Flat Karlee" went surfing and got to visit BYU-Hawaii! Karlee was really excited that "Flat Karlee" came back with sunglasses, a laie, and even her own surfboard!

I need to send a HUGE thank you to Paige for all the work she put into this! I knew that she would make it special for Karlee and I only wish she could have seen the smile on Karlee's face when she was telling me about it today. As a Mom, it was very special to see someone do something so meaningful for my baby! So, thank you so much to Paige, Andrew and Rebecca!! Welcome Home, Flat Karlee!


2 comments:

Audrey said...

That is ADORABLE! I am a HUGE fan of Flat Stanley. Someone sent him to us when we lived in Wisconsin and the poor thing only got to see the Green Bay Packer Stadium and Michigan Lake.
I think it would have been more fun to have a Flat Karlee though!

Kellie said...

That is super cute. I want to do that too to see where I end up as well.
Any takers?