Thursday, March 19, 2009

Let me catch you up...

It has been awhile since I have been able to sit down and blog...so let me fill you in on the latest. First of all, last week I had had it with the incessant need for snacks at our house. Honestly, the kids in the house could NOT finish a snack or meal without asking for the next and everybody wanted something different...it went on ALL DAY!! One wanted "smarshmellows" another "fishy crackers" and the other a juice sippie...then one wanted a "nanna" and another some popcorn and someone wanted chocolate milk...so I finally declared a "NO SNACK WEEK!". At first they thought it was alright...then they just started going to friends houses to play (and eat their snacks) and eventually it was reduced to begging at the end, but we made it...and I discovered how much better they all eat dinner when they haven't eaten in a couple hours!! Anyways, we have decided that they can have one snack a day now and they still beg...but I hold my ground!!!!

This is my Audree...I love her! She is fun, full of energy and everybody's friend! Just the other day I took her to preschool and Spencer didn't realize she was gone...he went looking for her and came back to my room with the saddest look on his face. He said, "Mom, where Audree? Can't find her." I said, "Oh, she's at preschool." and he was really bummed that his friend was gone.
The next day a little friend invited Audree to play during the time of day when her and Rylee ususally play...Rylee was totally bummed and said, "But Mom, what am I going to do?" They really play SO well together!

Here is my little buddy. This last week he found his pockets! I went to get him up from his nap and he had a huge smile on his face and said, "Trucks...in pants!" and he had put his little car (the one that he HAS to sleep with) in one of his pockets. The rest of the afternoon he searched for more things he could put in his pants. I LOVE all the boyish things he does and something about finding his pockets just made me laugh! Oh, and in this picture he is giving me his binky becuase he finally chewed holes in them all and I will not buy him new ones...so it's been a rough go, but he is giving up the binky.

Karlee Jayne has been so busy growing up...that tooth finally came out...her friend accidently hit her while doing a clap game and the tooth went flying. Even though they never found it the tooth fairy came through, and she looks so much better! She also has learned how to do a round-off triple backhandspring this week!! I am completley impressed....I have NEVER done such a thing! She can do it on the bouncy floor at gymnastics...I know she can do it on the grass too...but she just needs a little more confidence.
Rylee just accomplished a big family milestone too! She knew how to ride her bike, but has been totally scared of going further than around the church across the street. As a family, when it's warm outside we love to go on bike rides after dinner. We told Rylee that she is too big to go in the "chariot" behind Dad's bike this year...she has to ride her own bike. After MUCH discussion we got her on the bike and we haven't been able to get her off of it since!! We have gone a some bike rides and it's all she has talked about for the past several days. You're awesome Rys!

That's what we've been up to!!






No comments: