Thursday, May 28, 2009

End of the School Year Activities!

Well, the end of the school year has arrived...and so, of course, we got to go to the annual Dance Festival at Sage Creek Elementary! It was a warm and sunny afternoon and Spencer was sportin' some sweet pink sunglasses while we watched! Karlee was excited that we all made it to watch her performance...even Daddy came by for it! The 2nd grade did a parachute dance (which is funny, because when I taught 2nd grade I choreographed our 2nd grade dance festival dance...and it was a parachute dance too!) and Karlee thoroughly enjoyed the whole thing!


After the Dance Festival we headed to Karate...where Rylee was testing to go up to the white belt with a purple stripe (which also means she will graduate to the next class...which is twice a week, and I am dreading it!). Rylee was very determined and did a great job on her test! Her favorite part, by far, was when they had a chance to break their first piece of wood. Yep, her little bare foot kicked through a solid piece of wood and I have never seen anyone more proud! She's been talking about it for the past 2 days! This karate thing is starting to become a bit more of a financial and time commitment than I would like...but I just can't make her give it, she LOVES it!



3 comments:

Shanna Nemrow said...

Such cute pics!! Tell Rylee that Aunt Shanna thinks her wood breaking/kicking is AWESOME!!! And tell Kars that Aunt Shanna is so proud of her dance festival - so cute!! And tell Audree that Mackenzie can't wait to play and Spencer that Garrett is so excited to have a boy to play with!! Boy, I'm demanding today!

Can't wait to see everyone!

Lanell said...

Hope that your trip to St. George went good. I love the pink sunglasses! What a stud.

Audrey said...

Oh so many things! I finally had a chance to catch up a bit...
First thanks for letting us come by a few weeks ago. Daws told me that he dumped Emily and his new girlfriend is Rylee. Not sure if she knows about it or not but he adored her!
I was feeling anxiety just reading your last post on your to do list! Days like that I just start out with a BIG fountain soda. (impressed that you only made 3 minor mistakes)
Audree does look ADORABLE in her dance gear, hair, and make up...she is a beauty!
Love the pink shades (he is so stinken cute) and tell Rylee that me and the boys are IMPRESSED with her mad skills!