Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Oh So Imperfect...

Well, my day was totally jam packed...which means I had to mess up somewhere. From 4-5:30 Rylee had a birthday party, 5-6:15 Karlee had gymnastics, 6:30 was Audree's dance recital and 7:30 was a Relief Society Board meeting. So, between Jake and I, I was trying to keep track of everybody and get everyone where they needed to be. I thought I was doing well...except, as I was leaving gymnastics I realized today was the day they were getting their trophy...and I was going to miss the big ceremony (alright, it isn't really "big", but you get the idea). I hadn't brought my camera and I missed it! That was "Mom Mistake #1" I took the following picture after-the-fact. Then I ran home to pick-up Rylee from the party and get Audree ready for the recital...things were going well and Audree looked absolutely adorable in her recital outfit. After a little photo shoot, I packed up and we headed out...I called Jake and he had Karlee and was headed to meet us for the recital...we showed up at the exact same time (I am feeling pretty good about my planning skills at this point). As I run in the building with Audree I can hear the music playing to her first dance number...I ask some people in the hallway, "They aren't dancing in there are they?"..."Yep, the girls in that costume are performing" they reply. Apparently the dance recital was at 6:00...not 6:30 and Audree was missing her performance as we spoke!!

I ran onto the stage with Audree and shoved her on there just as her second (and final) song began. She gave an "oscar-worthy" performance and we were done...Daddy missed it...he came walking into the building as we walked off the stage. Oh, and when I shoved her onstage I quickly ran to the side and tape recorded her performance...only I must have pushed the wrong button, because it didn't record. "Mommy Mistake #s 2 and 3"

Jake thinks I am weird...but this was all very devastating to me! I made it home to my Relief Society meeting and just remembered I have pre-school here in the morning...I guess I better go figure out what they are going to be learning. Let me know if any of you Mom's have had moments like this!






3 comments:

jen said...

Cute pictures! That sounds like a completely crazy evening, but it sounds like there were no major mistakes . . . like forgetting a kid somewhere! No worries, you are amazing!

Debbie said...

Well, at least I now don't feel quite as bad about my few mishaps while you were on your trip! I am not sure if you have read my blog about our week but I can really apprecaite first hand your dilema!

Love Ya,
Mom

mindy said...

Audree looks ADORABLE!!! I can't stop laughing at the quote on the side about juvie...where do kids get this stuff? HA!