Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas Day

This year was just a great Christmas...I mean, they always are, but this one seemed really fun and relaxing. Nobody was sick...which is huge! The present opening was fun and everyone seemed happy...no fighting or disappointment. There was time for naps, we had all the batteries we needed to get every toy in working order, and we just hung out in our jammies. In the afternoon we hung out at the Clark's, got in the hot tub (which was especially nice because it was like 10 degrees outside!) and had fun with all the family. We just enjoyed being together, perfect! I don't have lots of pictures because I don't like to spend Christmas behind the camera, I just like to be a part of the action and fun...so here's a shot of the kiddos. I hope you all had a wonderful and Merry Christmas too!

One of me and Jake's favorite traditions is letting the kids buy us our Christmas gifts at the Dollar Store. During December they help out around the house and we pay them dimes and quarters here and there. Then a few days before Christmas we take them to the Dollar Store and they pick out the most fabulous gifts! This year Jake got a plunger (from Karlee), a "tickler"/duster (from Audree), "bling" tatoos (from Spencer) and a ball (from Rylee). I got a package of plastic trophys (from Audree...because I'm a winner!), a bath pillow (from Karlee), some toe socks (from Rylee) and a gorgeous handbag (from Spencer). This gifts really make our Christmas!

2 comments:

Lanell said...

I love the dollar store gifts and I got the same ball from Adam! Great minds think alike! Looks like a fun Christmas.

Shanna Nemrow said...

Sounds like a fabulous Christmas! I love the Dollar Store idea...we'll have to try that next year with the kids. I love that Jake got a plunger! hee hee Mackenzie loves her Princess Memory Game and Garrett loves his Nerf gun - what a hit!
Miss you guys lots!!