Sunday, January 16, 2011

A trip, A funeral, A wedding...

So, it has taken me a couple weeks to blog this because this family has had the Flu for a week! 5 out of 6 of us (Jake is the lucky escape artist) had the Flu last week and it was awful and it lasted forever!! We have all recovered and I think I am ready to get back to the grind.

So, after Christmas we headed back out to California (we have been out there a LOT the last year!)...this time for my Grandpa Nemrow's funeral and Brooke & Kyle's wedding. This trip was not about relaxing in the sun. Luckily we had lots of new toys and such to keep the kids busy in the car.

The funeral was a nice day to remember my Grandpa. There was a great turn-out...all of his kids, almost every grandchild and many great-grandchildren were there to pay their respects. My Grandpa Nemrow was a character...a great story-teller, a loud man, a lover of college football and he really loved his family and was so proud of them. All of this was mentioned...nobody mentioned that I was his "favorite grandchild"...but I will let it slide this time! Anyways, he will be missed and I am glad that we could be there for his funeral.




Brooke and Kyle's wedding was a actually a lot of fun! It was a lot of work to be the mother of the flowergirls/ringbearer, a "bridesmaid" of sorts and the photographer...I was running around like a crazy person! It was a bummer that I was so busy running around I didn't have a chance to chat with everyone who was there...but I made sure to take some time out to hit the dance floor! Rylee was the "queen of the dance floor!" and rocked out all night...we all did our best to keep up. Karlee caught the bouquet and Spencer caught the garter...and then the two of them shared a great little dance! Anyways, it was a fun evening and we are all glad to have Kyle as part of the family! Congratulations guys!








No comments: