Friday, March 4, 2011

Dr. Seuss's Birthday!


So, the other day was Dr. Seuss's birthday and the kids were celebrating at school. They were really excited because it's the only day of the year that they are allowed to wear hats to school and they were encouraged to wear silly or fun hats if they had any! Well, Rylee, of course, came up with the idea of making their own silly hats. I had absolutely NO input on these and couldn't help but laugh at their creations...Karlee's isn't too crazy, a bit of white paper with some lines drawn on it. Rylee's, on the other hand, was quite elaborate! I don't think the photo does it justice...although the monocle (made out of a minature magnifying glass) was my favorite aspect...there was also a white feathered bird on there, some patches of packaging foam and a plastic monkey hanging off the side. I wasn't sure if they would actually WEAR these hats when the time arrived...but they proudly put them on and strutted out to the bus...after school they claimed that their hats were well-appreciated at school. I LOVE THESE GUYS!! Anyways, I had Spencer's preschool group here at our house that morning (we had a great day of T for Trains!) and completely forgot about Dr. Seuss day by the time Audree left for school...luckily a kid in her class had a hat to share with her, I am such a slacker mom! She wasn't real happy that we forgot to send her with a hat, but she has since forgiven me...

No comments: