Sunday, May 15, 2011

Spencer's Sad Foot


While I was brushing my teeth the other day I suddenly heard Spencer crying downstairs. When I came down to check on him he said he "sat on his foot" and it hurt. I figured it fell asleep or something and didn't think much of it. Awhile later I noticed that he was seriously limping and still complaining that his foot hurt...he didn't switch feet and he isn't a complainer, so I thought it was a little strange. By lunch time he wouldn't walk at all...I figured that after his nap he would be fine. He took a good nap and then I heard him upstairs yelling down for me to come get him...I said, "Why?" and he said, "My foot hurts!". Dang it, he really was hurt!! I had to carry him around all day or he would cry because he couldn't walk...we called Grandpa Dr. Jim and told us to come in. Based on where it hurt, Grandpa thought he had broken his foot...so Spencer was super-brave while he had an X-Ray. The X-Ray didn't show any broken bones...whew, so we assume it's a good sprain. Grandpa put a splint on Spencer for a couple days and by the next morning Spencer was running around with that splint like a normal crazy guy! I am glad he didn't have to have a cast for 6 weeks...he has been begging for this splint to come off since day 2...it's only been 3 days, but we are hoping the splint will be ready to come off today!

1 comment:

Shanna Nemrow said...

Poor wittle guy!!!! Hugs to Spencer and Mommy both!!!

Love the new posts and all the pictures - can't wait to see you guys next month!!