Wednesday, March 3, 2010

It's a Big Deal...


Well...First of all, Rylee has been wanting to lose a tooth for about 2 years now (ever since Karlee started to lose hers). She has had a somewhat loose tooth for a couple months now and just in the last week or so it has gotten a lot more loose. I still thought it had some time. So, anyways, tonight she wanted me to tie some floss to it so that she could tug on it (I didn't think this would work...it never has before). I underestimated Rylee's determination though and after I tied the floss to the tooth she YANKED on it as hard as she could and that tooth came flying out! I totally laughed...it bled like crazy because it still had some root left on the tooth...but she couldn't be happier! Congratulations Rylee!


Also, I feel bad because with Audree's dance and Rylee's karate there are "performance" opportunities where I can tell you what they've accomplished, but Karlee's cheer class doesn't really have anything like that. She has been really excited lately because she goes up into something called "extensions" and just this week she learned to do a twisting dismount. She sure loves that class and I have a blast watching her! So, here's a little picture of what she's been up to. Go Kars!

The weather has been hinting at spring this last week and we have enjoyed some spurts in the sunshine. It's been FABULOUS to go outside and breathe fresh air. Audree's big accomplishment this past week has been learning to pump herself on the swings! This is great news for her and also great news for those of us who have been pushing her on the swings the past few years! Hooray for Audree!

One more thing...Spencer is killing me! That boy couldn't be less interested in going on the potty. I am not sure how to motivate him...he's so laid back...and he is just completely content being changed. He really likes getting all comfy on the bed, putting his hands behind his head and waiting for us to make his "bum all shiny". He doesn't like having dirty diapers...but if he must, he will just deal with it rather than go to the potty. I adore that kid, but we've got to get this started...any ideas would be great!

2 comments:

Katie Nemrow said...

Congrats Rylee....I cant believe the tying a string on the tooth worked :)
Oh And good luch with Spencer...I wish I had some advise...but im still working on the food thing :)

Shanna Nemrow said...

Yea Rylee!!! You go girl!!!! You are a braver girl than I! I hated losing teeth and the feel of a loose tooth. I hope the tooth fairy hooks you up!

And great job Karlee!!! You are so good at cheer/gymnastics!!!!

As for the whole potty training thing....I don't know. My only thought is what I did with Mackenzie that ended up working after other things had failed and that is...I let her go naked. Good luck! Yuck, I hate potty training. Oh, Garrett just figured out he loves standing up to go pee, so maybe Spencer will like that too. ?