Sunday, April 17, 2011

Spring Break- we're outta here!!!

As usual, it snowed at our house during spring break this year...luckily for us, we weren't at home...we were in sunny St. George!!! Hooray!! Jake worked while me and the kids hung out at the pool, went shopping (the kids later told me that was their least favorite part of the trip) and went hiking in the red rocks. We went out to eat and went to see "Hop" at the movie theater (not a great movie). It was relaxing and warm...so perfect...except that Jake had to work too much (we just want him to hang out with us!!). Anyways, it was great...my favorite quote from the trip came from Rylee. As we were eating lunch and about to head back home I was asking all the kids what their favorite part of the trip was...when I got to Rylee she said, "Well, I can tell you what my least favorite part was" so I said, "Ok, what was that" and she replied, "When you asked me what my favorite part of the trip was!". Alright Little Miss Attitude!! Anyways, it was a great little escape...I only wish it had lasted longer!






1 comment:

Shanna Nemrow said...

Fun! Mackenzie is on spring break this week! Hooray! It's a break for me too :)
St George looks like a blast - wish we had been there to swim with ya. We saw Hop a few days ago, and it is one of my least favorite movies. The kids loved it.