Wednesday, April 23, 2014

A Long Time Coming...


March will be the 10 year anniversary of moving into our home. It's been a GREAT 10 years!! We love this home and plan to stay here for 10 more. Due to the fact that the last 10 years here have been spent, potty training, learning to walk, playing in the backyard and just generally raising 4 kids...it was time to do a little upgrading. The carpet was long overdue for a replacement and the paint and decor was ready for an update. We got to work!! We had some painters come and paint...it took us several days (and about 20 trips to the paint store) to choose a paint color...there were over 12 different peach colors on the wall before we finally mixed 2 colors and got JUST what we were looking for! The carpet was also a project and took some time to choose. I went shopping daily for several weeks to pick out all the new decor...I also painted lots of things, recovered the kitchen chairs, picked out and made new curtains, painted the bathroom and Jake and I tried not to kill each other while we hung everything on the walls and did the finishing touches. Now that it is done I can step back and LOVE IT! I couldn't be happier with how it all turned out, of course I still have projects on my mind, but for now I can just be happy living here and going back raising those 4 crazy kids.

No comments: