Friday, December 4, 2015

End of the School Year

This Dance Festival gets me everytime. It's like the last hurrah before summer and a chance to reflect on the fact that my kids have just finished another year of school and will be heading on to bigger and better things the next year. Maybe it just makes me cry because I realize they are about to be home with me all day for the whole summer?! Just kidding...we LOVE summer! Anyways, with Rylee finishing up her big year as the Student Body President and moving on to Jr. High, I was pretty emotional for this one. The dance festival had 2 sessions, one in the morning...which started out drizzly and by the time the 6th graders were going, it was a full downpour. They danced on in the rain and I LOVED it!


The afternoon session was sunny, and Karlee and Jaedyn came to hang out (school was out for them!). There was one more surprise...due to Sage Creek's tutoring program's success, the KSL news helicopter came to greet the kids and they were on the news! Rylee got to be front and center for the interview with the principal due to her President status. It was an exciting and crazy day!

No comments: