Wednesday, July 9, 2008

A Week of Firsts!!




This was a big week for our family! The girls have been busy making this summer count! Karlee has been working for a long while on her backhandsprings. She is this tiny little 6 year old and this week she conquered something that I never did! So this week Karlee did her first backhandspring on her very own! Go Karlee...I was so proud of her that I let her pick where we had lunch that day ( which made Rylee upset!), she picked Del Taco with a slide in it!

Then Rylee has been trying to be brave enough to ride her bike without training wheels for a long time...she chickens out everytime we try to take them off. We keep saying that now that she is 5 she needs to learn to do it! Finally, today was the day! I promised not to let go until she said I could ( I thought I would be running next to her bike for the next 15 years!). Surprisingly, she said "Mom, let go!" after only about 10 minutes and she was riding off down the street! I was so proud of her that I let her pick dessert tonight (and that's even better than picking lunch!)...she picked chocolate cupcakes.

It was an exciting day for Jake and I too! We planted our first garden this summer and tonight our first zucchini was ready to eat! I cooked it up and it was so tasty! We are so excited...hopefully there will be even more veggies soon.

Just to be clear, I didn't shower until 5:30 tonight and my kids were stinky and covered in mud all day. So, even though I have mentioned some great moments here, let's be real...you've got to give some things up (like showers) in order to accomplish some other things! That's just the truth in case you were wondering!

1 comment:

jen said...

I like your comments at the end, you really are keeping it real just like you promised you would!