Saturday, September 27, 2008

She's Seven!!

Well, my little Karlee isn't so little anymore! She turned 7 years old this week! She has always seemed a little mature for her age...but now her age seems to be catching up! I have never done a "friends" party before...mostly because I didn't want to and nobody ever begged for one...but Karlee really wanted one this year, so I gave in. She wanted to have a dance party and I allowed her to invite 6 friends.
They had Friday off of school, so we decided to do a lunch picnic and dance party. We had pizza and then the girls learned a Hannah Montana dance (we used a video that came with a dance mat...in case any of you thought I might have enough of the old skills to teach them my moves...uh, no!) and then they made bracelets. The presents were a big hit (Karlee got an alarm clock/radio from Mom and Dad...she is so easy to please and was totally excited about it!!) and the cupcakes turned out quite yummy!

I have to say that this was one of the most well-behaved party groups ever assembled. Karlee has never been one who enjoys noise...so this quiet bunch was just what she would have wanted...I just had to laugh because I expected a bunch of giggly girls and in the end I was begging them to get crazy!!

These parties are always completely stressful to me, so they will only be coming around everyOTHER year...but last night Karlee gave me a huge tight hug and said, "Mom, this was the BEST birthday EVER!" and that made it all worthwhile!

3 comments:

Lanell said...

Thanks for having Kaitlyn over she had so much fun. Also thanks for saving the day and giving her a different bag. She was so embaressed. What a mean mom I am to make her use a spongebob bag.(actually just a very unprepared mom)!! Happy Birthday Karlee!

Audrey said...

Stop it right now!! You do not have a 7 year old!
Also, I was dying over Jake's HORRILBE NO GOOD VERY BAD DAY! (i love that book btw)
Tell him that I have a few days that may compete (but not beat) that day!
What a fun party! I look up to mother's like you! Teach me!
p.s. i have some news.....check my blog!!!

Danielle said...

She is just too cute! And I can't believe she's 7!!

I remember meeting you at South Town Mall when you were about to pop and all you could wear were dresses. We'd eat lunch and walk around and I was SOOO jealous that you were pregnant and NOT TEACHING! Now look at us- 8 kids between us!