Thursday, January 15, 2009

Draper Temple Open House

Today was the first day that the Draper Utah Temple was open for visitors. We lucked out and got tickets to take the kids through and show them what a temple looks like inside. I still remember going through the San Diego Temple when I was young, the impression it made on me convinced me that I wanted to be married there. So, I was really excited to take the kids for this opportunity. It really is gorgeous inside and the artwork was great too. We thought it was so cute how they tried to be so reverent inside...even Spencer folded his arms. The kids had a great time...of course, after it was done, all they could talk about was the bus ride from a nearby church to the temple and the cookies they got afterward. Hopefully, they will remember more than that in the future.

No comments: