Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Busy...busy...busy

I have had so much to post about, just no time to do it!! Let me try to catch you up...I don't even have pictures for most of this!

Karlee and Rylee performed in the school-wide talent show 2 weeks ago. They were amazingly brave and did such a great job! I tried to take video to post on You Tube for those of you who might have wanted to see it...alas, the camera's battery (which I swear I charged all night) was dead when we got there. I was super bummed that I had no record of this event.

Karlee tried out for a competitive cheer team at her gym last week. They have asked me to put her on one of these teams the last 2 years and I finally gave in. There are 3 levels of teams and she made the Senior team (the highest level). She astounded me with a perfect 10 round-off/backhandspring/back tuck at her try-outs and she really is quite talented at this stuff! I am very concerned about the amount of time and money we will now be pouring into this team...but she is so excited and worked really hard to pull her grades up so that we would let her try-out...I have no choice but to let her do this! Wish us all luck!!

Karlee also had a city-wide 3rd grade track meet (all 3rd grades attend this field trip and everyone participates). It was on one of the few warm days we have had and so Spencer, Audree, Jake and I all went to cheer her on. We didn't expect much...but she won 2 of her races and we all got a little sunburned! Oh yeah, and Spencer threw a rock at my face while we were there. I now know what it might feel like to be stoned...hurty. Sometimes that kid just doesn't think before he does things. It was a great day to relax and hang out at the track...plus...I remembered my camera that day!


Then Karlee had a school singing program the other night (really the last couple weeks have been all about Karlee...the other kids will have their turns here shortly I am sure). We all went and listened to her sing songs against violence...we all sang along since she has been practicing these songs at home the last couple months!

At Christmas my Mom gave the kids a large butterfly house along with a certificate to order live larva and grow butterflies at home. We sent for the larva once Spring came and spent several weeks watching them turn into caterpillars, chrysallis and then butterflies. I can't believe we didn't kill any of them! We kept the butterflies at home in their little habitat for about 2 weeks and finally let them go the other day. They were really gross to grow (nature at its best), but we enjoyed the experience. Here's what they looked like!

Here's the kids when we let them go free!

One last thing...I just had to share this photo of Spencer's shoes. We finally had to get him a new pair of shoes because he started using his feet as brakes when he rides his trike around. I am just afraid I will be buying him new shoes every couple of weeks at this rate! What a stinker!

2 comments:

Christy said...

Those shoes are great...what a picture! I guess you have to expect that with a boy :) Your kids are darling Ash!

Shanna Nemrow said...

You guys have been busy! Congrats on everything! And goodluck with Karlee's cheer - what a blast! Can't wait to see you guys in June!