Sunday, September 22, 2013

Camping!


Our annual camping trip was a big hit this year! Jake took his scouts on a campout earlier this summer and one of the other leaders introduced him to this cool and totally off-the-beaten path location. We didn't see another human being until the trip was almost over...so cool! It was also located next to a stream and had some great hiking. After hours of preparation we headed out on the big trip and I thought I was totally ready...then as we were cooking dinner I realized that I forgot the hot dogs...AAAHHHHHH!! Luckily, I packed some cup-o-noodles just as a snack, which became dinner. We cooked the water in water bottles and ate up, whew disaster averted. We enjoyed a relaxing night sleeping under the stars and then went for a hike the next day. It was a great hike with some cool views of cliffs and only one fall in the stream! Good times! Can't wait to do it again next year!

No comments: