Wednesday, September 18, 2013

The Year of the Boat-y!!

It has always been a bit of a dream of mine to one day own a boat. I grew up going to Lake Powell in the summer and it was some of my favorite times and one of my favorite places...Jake had the same experience. So, as a mother it has been something I wanted to share with my kids...and just as a person it's something I love to do! We decided to start saving up and looking for the perfect boat for us...it would have to be in our price range, it would have to seat enough people to bring friends along, it would have to be a V-drive (so we could surf behind it) and it needed the wrap around seating that we have fallen in love with! It was a long search with many disappointments along the way (people kept buying up the boats before we had a chance to see them!). Finally, we happened upon the perfect boat and we jumped at the chance. We named it "Boat-acious" and call it Boat-y for short. It has been SO much fun to play with it this summer...we have had it out on Utah Lake and at Lake Powell. We love to kneeboard (all 4 of the kids can do it!) and we love to surf (we are starting to get the hang of it!). It's the perfect family escape and with Utah Lake so close we can just jump in and enjoy it anytime the weather's nice. I can't say enough about how much I have enjoyed this new toy!!


No comments: