Monday, December 1, 2008

California Turkey Day!

Alright...so I have been SO bad at keeping up the blog the last couple weeks! Then we went on a trip to California for Thanksgiving and I didn't take a single picture of all the fun things we did...I needed a photo break!! Sometimes I feel like I have to be the photographer on our vacations instead of the Mom...so this trip I just left the camera in the bag!

Luckily, Shanna brought the camera for our trip to Magic Mountain! I tried to surprise Jake with a day at his absolute favorite place ( I am NOT a good secret keeper!)...so we went without the kids and had a BLAST! My mom and dad and Katie (Travis's wife) watched the kids while Blair, Shanna, Brooke, Travis, Jake and I went on a big date! It was really fun to be together and everyone besides me loved the roller coasters too...I took some Dramimine that wasn't very effective...so I was on the verge of throwing up most of the day!!

We also took the kids bowling with Aunt Brooke one day! They love to bowl...and we practice our patience as their balls move approx. 2 mph down the lane!! I won the big bowl-a-thon and have taken many an opportunity to remind Jake of this ever since!!

Turkey day was a great one! My orange rolls (an absolute MUST for every Thanksgiving) turned out pretty well this year and the food was perfect! Thanksgiving really is one of my favorite holidays!!! Perhaps it is my obsession with food...but I like to think it's just getting together with the family!

We made a quick trip to the beach where Jake taught the kids to louer the seagulls with bread and then try to hit them with foam balls...they never got close, but we got some disturbed looks from a couple watching them!!

I also went to Katie's baby shower...her and Travis are having a baby girl in January!! We can't wait to meet Bristol Ann Nemrow!! While we were gone, Jake's sister, Sarah had her baby too!! Welcome to the world Sadie Groneman...we can hardly wait to meet you!!!

It was a quick and crazy busy trip...but going to California for Thanksgiving is one of my favorite things...now we are back and I am trying to get started on Christmas preparations!

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I'm enjoying the Clark Chaos. You're a good wife, Brian gets motion sick too and dramamine doesn't do it for him at amusement parks either. I quit torturing a long time ago.