Thursday, December 18, 2008

Close Call...

Here are the results of Audree's attempt at "decorating" the other day. All the girls like to pretend to "decorate" all the time by draping ribbons around the house on doorknobs, drawers, windowsills...etc. So, as I was getting dressed the other day I suddenly heard a loud bang. Audree started crying and so I ran into Spencer's room and saw this, as well as, black up the wall. I asked Audree what she was thinking and what had happend. She replied, "I was just decorating!" I noticed my silver necklace (half burned) laying on the floor next to the nightlight plugged into the wall. It became clear what had happend...she tried to drape the necklace around the nightlight that was plugged in and set off a nice spark. Anyways, luckily Jake has done a fabulous job on our electrical and besides having to replace the plug and cover...no harm done...Audree was fine too, no burns or anything.

P.S. I haven't had a chance to mention that we finally (after months of late nights and hard work) finished our basement!! It is so nice down there and we are so excited to have a nice place to send the kids to play! Hooray!

3 comments:

jen said...

So scary but luckily she wasn't hurt. You need to post some pictures of your basement so we can see all of Jake's hard work!

Suzanne said...

Oh so glad that has a happy ending. Don't want any fires in the neighborhood. Congratulations on finishing your basement!

Lanell said...

Kaitlyn did the same thing when she was about that age. I don't remember the reason she gave me, but I'm sure it was good. Thanks for the treats the other night. They were so yummy. I finally downloaded pics so I'll send the bowling pics to you!