Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Harder than I thought!

Today was Karlee's first day of 2nd grade! I thought after last year I was totally prepared to take her today. So, it caught me off guard when I started tearing up on the way to school this morning, and again after I left her. She was so excited that she barely slept last night and was up at 5:00 this morning. She will be exhausted when she gets home today!
She was really excited because she is in the same class as her best friend, Makayla Golding and their teacher, Miss Sayers, is in our ward. I am also letting her ride the bus home this year...which has been a hard thing for me, but I have to let her grow up just a little bit. So, here she is, my big old 2nd grader...does this mean I'm a real mom?? I still haven't figured out what will make me official!!

1 comment:

The Gilliam Family said...

I'm with ya on this.. I did the exact same thing... Thinking I'd be okay for 2nd grade, and found myself all emotional too! Ty did the same, up early and super excited! And yes, I think this does make us offical mommy's!! And the bus?? Your so brave! I have not gone there yet, although Ty has been begging! Anyway, she is too cute.. And so big! Didn't we just have them?! So sad!