Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Rylee's Big Day!

Rylee started kindergarten today! She was so excited!! Once again I thought it was going to be a piece of cake...get her on the bus, follow it to school, take some pictures, give her a big hug and be off. All of that went as planned...but I got all teary eyed on the way home again!
Karlee was a great big sister! They got on the bus together and then Karlee held her hand and walked her to her classroom! They really are best buddies! I can't believe I have to school aged kids! Oh, and notice they both have High School Musical backpacks...they wanted to be matching!!

Rylee found her best friend, Annie Anderson, outside of class...they are in next door classrooms! Don't they just look like mischief about to happen?? I gotta love these two...always full of big ideas!

I guess I got emotional because I was thinking what a big day this is for Rys. I still remember details of my first day of kindergarten (and I have a terrible memory!). I remeber being disappointed that we had to sit on the floor instead of at our desks! I also remember having my best friends, Heather Robinson, Sheralyn Neilan and Nicole Hanstad in my class...Heather, Sheralyn and I still keep in contact to this day!! Rylee came home so excited, this is going to be a special year for her!!

4 comments:

jen said...

Your girls are so cute! We are excited for kindergarten to start too! Funny that you have known Sheralyn, Heather & Nicole since you were Rylee's age I met you all just a few years after that!

Lanell said...

I can't believe that Rylee went to kindergarten. That was so cute with Karlee being the big sister. I always wished that I had a big sister to take care of me. Its so hard being the oldest!! It was definately harder to send Kaitlyn this year and Adam is really struggling with missing the deadline.

Audrey said...

What a bunch of ADORABLE blondies!!
That is crazy you have 2 kids in school now! Guess that means time for another...hehe

Heather said...

I remember our first day of kindergarten too! Mrs. Babich's class! So fun. Thank you for sharing this special day and bringing back memories. Also, I now feel like a bad mom because I do either a clip or pigtails with Clem's hair and not much else. Sheesh, you are making me look bad with your elaborate dos!