Thursday, August 28, 2008

Snow in August!

One thing that has been nice about Rylee going to kindergarten is that when she gets home, her and Audree are excited to play together. I was taking advantage of that time while Spencer was taking a nap today. Rylee and Audree had been playing with a box of packaging peanuts in a box and were calling it their "berry pie"...which I thought was a creative and harmless game. So, I went upstairs to switch some laundry. When I came back downstairs the game had changed...the peanuts were now snow!!
They enjoyed jumping on, scooping up and throwing their new found snow all over my kitchen!! This game was not as harmless as the "berry pie" game!!
Here is a note for you curious mothers out there. Packaging peanuts become more and more filled with static electricity as you play with them and try to clean them up. As we tried to sweep them and scoop them up... the static electricity eventually just made them fly around and they became impossible to pick up in handfuls. Also, take note, if you try to vaccum them up with a hose vaccum...they will clog the hose! Unclogging a vacuum hose is a difficult, though not entirely impossible, thing to do. I don't love real snow...but today I wish they had just played with the real stuff!

1 comment:

Audrey said...

Oh Ashlee.... your kitchen looks JUST like my garage did last week! Ours was actually not packing peanuts, it was styrafoam that "they" chipped away at until the entire thing was in BITS and PEICES! While I was vacuuming yesterday, I found MORE in their bedroom! That stuff sticks like no other doesn't it?!?
You were nice and snapped a picture! I mostly just yelled at my guys!